Thursday, April 21, 2016

Temple Date...


Catching a quick selfie at the stop sign. :)  If you look really closely you can see part of the temple wall behind us.

I had a thought last week.  There is an older couple in our ward who recently went to the temple for their endowment and sealing.  I know it was helpful for me when I was new to temple attendance to go with someone else who could walk me through it the first few times.  As we invited them, we found out it would be their first time doing Sealings. As I have shared with other things in this time and season of life, it's a great feeling to be able to pay it forward.  It was a delightful sealing session and we enjoyed walking them through.  I love those tender moments meeting eyes across the altar with my sweetheart.  I am reminded of all the glorious ways God has helped us grow together and the bright future we have as we continue on our eternal journey together.
I am grateful for the timing of doing Sealings last night.  Mark brought up the possibility of taking down the crib earlier this week.  Our profile has sat for almost a year with only one contact (which was a scam).  He is right.  It would be best to take it down and give more space for the timing.  It hurts though.  It reminds me of a similar time between Leland and Shipton.  We kept getting pregnant only to miscarry, but we knew we were to try again.  It just made sense to keep the crib up where we were expecting to have another baby soon.  But soon continued to tick by.  Then seeing that empty crib was a sad reminder each time we walked past it.  Here we are now having lived in the expecting baby any time mindset again for the past year.  It's time to surrender it.  Part of me has been relieved it hasn't happened sooner.  It has given us time to enjoy our other little ones and let them grow more.  That part that hurts and worries can at times  temporarily choke out the hope.  With the recent discussions on the crib, I felt raw going last night.  It was the right place to be.  Hearing the beautiful blessings and promises last night refreshed my hope.  That renewed hope is growing in a different way this time.  I have come to know myself well enough to recognize that when I feel pain, there is more to surrender...that attachment to something.  In my mind, I was attached to it coming together in a certain timeline or in certain ways.  I am giving that over to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment