Monday, April 11, 2016

Birthday Review...

Shipton with his Thomas cake.  Look at that cheesy smile!  Leland in the background making he blows the candles out right. :)
Written Apr 6, 2016
Yesterday was a special day.  Mark and I enjoyed reminiscing and reviewing our memories of Shipton together.  What an incredible journey it has been!  For Shipton it felt like a party all day long.  With his love for trains, you can imagine his excitement of his Thomas themed day.  His big present was a train table.  It's been on our list for a while, and with 3 boys we knew it would be a great investment into imaginative play.  Shipton spent most of the day playing on it and was so sweet to share it with his brothers and sister as they showed interest.
With Shipton still being so young, we decided to keep things more simple this year and have a fun family dinner to celebrate.  As I sat down to write this I realized all the dinner and cake pictures are on Mark's phone. :(  We want Birthdays to be a special day for our children.  Although there are so many fun and cute ideas on pinterest and through google searches, I have learned that I do best for my sanity and frustration meeting in the middle---finding ways for it to be fun and special without stressing over picture perfect, hours lost worrying over tiny details.  Awesome parties may come more innately to others, but for me, it isn't one of my strengths.  I hope that isn't a deal-breaker! :)
When I asked Shipton Monday if he knew what tomorrow was, he replied, "My cake day, Mommy."  He knew the drill, so after dinner we had cake and ice-cream.  Shipton helped me design his Thomas cake and was eager to blow out his candles. Surprisingly, his favorite part of his cake was the sprinkles. 
As Mark and I had our pillow talk last night we shared our gratitude for this darling, special little boy in our lives. We simply adore him and so do his brothers and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment