Thursday, April 21, 2016

Relief Society...

I realized that I somehow skipped a post yesterday, so how about writing two?  This post will just have to be without a picture.  I am a member of the world's largest organization for women: the Relief Society.  I feel like that really started to sink in on a deeper level a few years ago.  I was reminded of that shift from a general to a personal understanding of it last night.  We had our monthly activity together and as I looked around the room as we were laughing together and enjoying each other's company, I realized these women are beginning to become dear sisters to me.  It is within this sisterhood that I have found strength and support.  Not on a general level, but as individuals have ministered to me and my family and vice versa.  It has been a beautiful experience for me to do more than just attend Relief Society on Sunday--- especially at times like right now where I am serving in a calling that takes me away from meeting with these women. It has been my reaching (or at times, being reached), outside of just Sunday meetings that has given me these treasured experiences. This women's organization was also restored as part of Jesus Christ's church and organization.  I take comfort in knowing that God knows that we women need one another.  That isn't new and it's won't change either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment