Monday, April 11, 2016

A House Becomes a Home...


Putting my bday present to good use: sanding down the banister to refinish it.
Written April 9, 2016

I truly love most part of my "job" as a Mommy.  Cleaning Sennika's bedroom falls in the NOT category.  Cleaning up puke goes there too. :)  Truly though, most of the things I do for my family and home bring great joy.  A small, yet fun part of the job description falls in the "house to home" category.  As a woman I have an innate drive to beautiful-ize.  Is that a word?:)  I am drawn to organize, create, and make cozy.  In the nearly 10 months we have lived in our new home, it's been rare to not have something I am in the stages of imagining or creating.  I love spray paint!  I'm not kidding! I am amazed every time how I can take something old or purchased at a thrift store and give it a coat of shiny spray paint and it is completely transformed.  I also am a sucker for anything sparkly.  I know.  It sounds like I am a squirrel or something. :)  Sennika and I found a baby onsie that said, "my favorite color is glitter."  We both cracked up when we read it because that sounds like something I would say.  But it's true.  I combine spray paint and glitter in many of my home making projects.  I do exercise restraint when it comes to decorating the boys' rooms with glitter though. :) 
I love building a home in all aspects from the physical appeal like spoken of today, to the spiritual fortress, to the emotional haven where it is safe to feel how ever we may be feeling from hurt and pain to anger to rejection.  I love that Mark gives me wings to fly as a homemaker.  I am truly enjoying stepping forward with confidence into my essential role of building our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment