Monday, April 11, 2016

On Pregnancy and Birth...


Written May 20, 2015

Yesterday I stared out into a sea of young faces.  Some stared back with wide eyes, others looked
empowered by my words.  I have been invited many times before to guest speak about pregnancy
and birth, especially by professors at BYU-Idaho.  My hope is that the two hours spent in the
classrooms yesterday open minds to the possibilities and helped women to understand that they
always have choices.  Although it wasn't a new opportunity yesterday, it felt different this time as my
thoughts turned to the woman who may some day be reading this.
I guess today is a good day to openly introduce this to you as a birth mom.  I am a certified
Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Instructor and Doula.  It has been my great pleasure to empower
couples over the past two years as I have opened my home and taught them the Hypnobabies course. 
Hypnobabies is phenomenal!  It came at a pivotal time in my own life.  Early during Leland's pregnancy
we were told that the best outcome we could expect was for him to arrive extremely early.  We were
given such grim news that I even sewed a burial outfit for him.  We were granted a huge miracle and
had a complete turn around for the last 2 months of the pregnancy.  I wanted desperately to love this
baby and to give him the connection that out of my fear I had withheld from him in months previous. 
Hypnobabies helped me to connect to my baby.  It helped me to understand my options during
pregnancy and birth.  I learned skills from the course that I have been able to universally apply to
my life such as the power of my mind and beliefs.  My births with Leland, and later Shipton, were
both completely comfortable.  That was the icing on the cake for me when I thought it wasn't possible
to love Hypnobabies any more. :)
I want to make it known that should you be interested in Hypnobabies, I am prepared to support you. 
I would love to gift you the materials to either do the course on your own with homestudy or take
the class live (possibly even consider doing it together online with me).  If Hypnobabies isn't a great fit,
 I would love to help prepare you and attend the birth as a doula.  If neither are comfortable, I can
respect that too! :)
Regardless of whether we end up doing life together or not, as a birth mom reading this, I would
encourage you to research your options for pregnancy and birth if you haven't already.  I am here
as a resource to answer questions and point you to resources regardless of being interested in our
family or not!
Sending Love,
Katy
oh and ps...I have saved a belly casting kit for you, birth mom and will totally mail it with instructions if
you want to do it as a keep-sake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment