Monday, April 11, 2016

Dad's Saturday Mornings...


Written Mar 21, 2016

For about the past six months Mark has slipped out of bed around 5:30 am.  The closet in our bedroom is the only place in the house we have found that keeps the kids asleep.  His conversation often meshes with my dreams and lately math equations and tongue twisters have been merged as I float in and out of consciousness before getting up for my own morning routine.
Mark has been volunteering as an English speaking partner for a man, now friend, in Honduras.  Alex is taking courses from the BYU-Idaho pathways program and the courses are taught in English.  (Totally check the pathways program out if traditional opportunities for higher education aren't an option!) They meet on Skype every week to allow Alex time to practice English and to ask any questions he has about his course work.
As I listen to their conversations, I am reminded what a great man I have.  One who would get up early on the one day he could sleep in.  One who is so patient and kind.  One who loves people and encouraging their growth.  One who can see ways around obstacles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment