Monday, April 11, 2016

Cookie Dough...



I took this super cute picture yesterday, but then realized the memory card wasn't in the camera and I can't find the cable to be able to download directly from the camera to the computer.  Sigh.  I guess a picture of a picture is the best I can do today.  Here is Leland on the left and Shipton on the right.  Shipton just learned how to smile for pictures reliably this week.   I love this stage of cute winking picture posed faces.

Written Mar 31, 2016
As usual, as I sit down to write this morning I am not exactly sure how this will turn out.  I do want to share that we love to cook and bake.  We prefer to make it from scratch when reasonably possible.  We also prefer to eat as healthy as possible.  The irony to my efforts to feed my family nutritionally packed food is this little duo pictured above.  I kid you not, most days they ask to make cookies or brownies or something sweet.  It usually averages out to not be every single day, but many days are spent in the kitchen behind the mixer making something yummy together.
I love that little hands help me to scoop and measure out ingredients.  That they are learning how to cook and bake with confidence.  I love the giggles as we are together.  I love the time afterward enjoying our treat together...that it gives me one more opportunity to gather my little ones around me...to just be together and enjoy the spontaneous conversations and teaching moments.
Although a small part of me cringes to serve my family treats that often, I wonder if what they are really asking isn't so much about the treats, but about all of what I just described.  That they love the time in the kitchen with me just as much as I do with them.  I will continue to soak up this stage as well, knowing these little boys likely will not be big boys begging to be in the kitchen with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment