Saturday, April 23, 2016

Smelly-vision


Here is Sennika with her doll, Michelle, and some lilacs from our back yard.

I don't know if it is helpful to you to have meaningful posts side-by-side with meaningless posts.  As I have described before, that is how my days as a mom are: moments of great importance sprinkled in with the seemingly meaningless.  
I wish it was possible to attach smell to a post...that smelly-vision were a reality!:)  It has been a glorious time to be a home-owner with our own yard this year.  I pull into the drive way and the fragrance seeps into the car to welcome me home.  When we moved in the lilac "bushes" were about 12 feet high, and like all of the other plants in our yard, needed a good trimming back.  As we weighed how best to go about the needed cutting back, we opted to whack them short, then shape them as they grew back over the next several years.  We cut half the bushes in the fall and got most of the other half finished while they were still dormant early this spring.  I lopped the branches thin enough and left the thick ones for Mark to get to with his saw.  One lone branch was left towering on a bush awaiting Mark.  It was left long enough that it began to bud and blossom.  I am so happy we let it grow, even though it may have appeared very red-neck to the neighbors.  Lilacs are my favorite flower.  Within about five minutes of bringing this bouquet inside, it's fragrance had filled the house. Although I am very inexperienced in caring for a yard, it brings back fond memories of my growing up with my home on a full acre in the country.  I watch Sennika from the window singing to herself and wandering around the yard taking in the wonders of God's hand-work and the world in full spring bloom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment