Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It's Growing on Us...


Gavin and Sennika helping to "model" our growing tulips.  Shipton snuck in the picture too as he was swinging in the background. :)
I planted these last fall!  AND they even grew!  Seriously that is a miracle because #1, our home is North facing and the two flower beds we have are in full or partial shade and #2, I am known for my "black thumb."  It's no secret that Mark is more plant friendly and the gardener of the family; however, I am anxious to learn.  With him at work, most of the care of the yard falls on my shoulders.  Ironically, my Grandpa taught in the Biology department of Ricks college.  Growing up next door to him I remember him usually being outside caring for his garden, yard, or horses.  Living next door didn't rub off any good luck on me!  I wish I had paid attention to either my Grandpa or my own Mom while growing up.  She has a very pretty yard too.  In Rexburg we had always lived in apartments and even when we bought our town home, the HOA covered all of the yard work.  Jumping into a mature yard with absolutely zero experience to care of any of it has been a steep learning curve.  But I am learning and we are learning together.  On top of all of that, it was also a very overgrown mess when we moved in.  We have removed and trimmed back and still need to do more.  Little by little it is coming.  It will take a few more years, but this yard has so much potential!
Seeing my flowers growing was so exciting!  I read the instructions this time and followed them meticulously. :)  I'm serious.  I have just thrown things in the dirt before and was disappointed when I couldn't figure out why they didn't grow. :)  Watching our new world here in full bloom, this place is beginning to grow on us.  We are feeling more and more at home here in this home and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment