Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Birthday Girl!

In honor of her favorite color we had an orange breakfast with pumpkin pancakes, sweet potato casserole, and oranges.

Mark has more pictures on his phone I will have to grab when I can remember.

This beautiful sunshine girl is 9!  She is truly a light to all who come in contact with her, even if it's a brief time. I have never met a more confident little girl.  She makes this world a better place!

Part of me is so happy for her growing and the other part wants to put on the brakes and snatch her up in my arms, grab a blanket, and rock her in the rocking chair! :)  I remember as a new and sleep-deprived mom of this colicky little angel, people would stop me in public and tell me to enjoy it because it would go by too fast.  I remember thinking to myself, "and that would be a bad things because...?" :)  With her being my first it seemed she couldn't grow fast enough.  I was always looking ahead to what was next.  When would she finally sit up?  When would she crawl and walk?  When would she start talking?  Now on the winding down end of babies, I can see more clearly what all these people were talking about...to slow down and soak it up.  To enjoy it because I can never have these moments back.  They will never be little again.

The older she has gotten, the quicker she seems to grow.  The quicker she grows the less anxious I am  to be so worried about what comes next I am missing this moment. I am still learning to enjoy my children right now.  I realized about a month ago that I need to hug Sennika back with as much love and joy she gives me because there may come a time when she won't offer them herself.  I need to listen more with my full attention when she wants to talk because there may come a time when she won't offer her thoughts and feelings and experiences as easily and enthusiastically.

Sennika is such a special girl!  Ever since a young age she has demonstrated her sharp mind and great ability to understand beyond what would normally be expected for her age.  I have watched this be a benefit to her both academically and spiritually.

She sees through whatever she sets her mind to.  In this time of increasing darkness and confusion, I rejoice knowing that she is so strong-willed and will not be easily swayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment