Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Le licking his lips over his pumping pie.

I LOVE making Thanksgiving dinner!  I love spending time in the kitchen.  I love that my family and our guests get cozy and keep my company while I cook.  And I love, love, love all the leftovers.  Leland said, "I like Thanksgiving because the pies, and the sweet potatoes, and 'blah, blah, blah.'"  Hahah....me too, Buddy!

Mark caught me mid-one-of-my-epic-laughs. :D


Le getting the first slice of pie.

Gavin with his.

Senn with hers.

Ship with his pie (and Mom too).  I love this stage where he winks every time he smiles for a picture. <3

Aftermath couple selfie.

The boys performed for the play Wed and Fri night.  I am also tied to home right now for an anytime commitment.  We stayed home this year and had a lovely holiday.  We invited a houseful of guests.  Some told us no up front.  Others changed plans last minute.  Grandma and Grandpa Ricks did join us though.  It's the quietest Thanksgiving we have had a in long time, but we had a wonderful time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa.  They were good sports for the "Loco Cafe" (the kids started a "restaurant" in the play room and the menu and entire experience truly was loco!).  I am grateful for the heartfelt and connecting conversations in the kitchen.  We don't get to spend a lot of time with them, so it was special to have this memorable time together!

Ship (3-yr-old) took over the selfie stick.

This is how we spent Black Friday morning...getting in a much needed date "night" for the week!

The lights are on for Temple Square now!

Dad, Ship, and Grandpa.

Grandma teaching Senn to make books.

Somehow Grandpa caught a nap...I have no idea how!  With a houseful of boys this place is always hopping...and LOUD!

Dad carving the turkey!


Grandma and Grandpa!



The Day after Thanksgiving= Christmas decorations!  The kids put the tree up almost entirely themselves.  I was impressed with their persistence, determination, and teamwork.



It always is so magical when the lights go on!  Minus lights on the house, Christmas is up!  (I have no idea when we will get to hanging them with the play!) :p

No comments:

Post a Comment