Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving

Mom getting the turkey ready.  We have enjoyed staying home the past several years and inviting others to join us.  Our favorite guests are those who otherwise wouldn't have a place to go.  This year we enjoyed having Body and his parents as well as our friend Kevin.

Ship and Bode enjoying dinner.

Gavin

Sennika

Shipton and Mom dancing to the guitar music.

Kevin giving Gavin a guitar lesson

Dad and Senn selife

Shipton enjoyed his pie wholeheartedly

See?! :)

Playing board games.

The kids call Wednesday "Pie Day" because we make the pies ahead and usually cook ham and rolls too.  Even though I truly enjoy cooking for Thanksgiving, I shoot for a low-stress Thanksgiving Day.  Here is Gavin with the French cherry pie he made.

Shipton with his pumpkin pie.

Sennika with her banana cream pie (my Grandma Oldham's recipe).

Le with his jumble berry.  (I also made a chocolate silk pie and that is what Shipton had smeared all over his face a few pictures above).

The aftermath.  My favorite kind of leftovers.

Everyone minus me taking the picture at dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment